As I write, this week marks the 1st anniversary of the Remote Possibilities blog. It’s you who (with other visitors from over 120 countries) have made this project successful, by reading, Liking, linking, commenting, subscribing, tweeting, and otherwise sharing the content. So to you and all the other visitors who’ve made this venture so worthwhile, I say:
I thought you might be interested to see where most visitors come from, so here’s a chart of the top 20 countries. Click it if you’d like to zoom in. (WordPress just started publishing country stats in February, so the chart relates to the last 9 months, rather than all 12.)
As you can see if you zoom in, more than 4 times as many visits have come from the US compared with the next highest country, which is India. There’s also a big step from 5th to 6th place, as more than 2x as many visits came from Canada than from Spain.
Yet despite the dominance of North America in the stats, I (coming from the UK originally) still like to use UK English, by writing “colour”, “minimise”, etc. So I suppose that’s one area where I keep having trouble being audience-focused!
Anyway, thanks again for your part in this blog, which has kept me writing. Here’s to our continued partnership over the next year and beyond, and to widening the readership even further past 120 countries!
You might also like
- 200,000 views – and counting!
- See what Toastmasters is like, right now!
- 5 ways to be a top presenter – meet the FiRST framework
- When’s a table not a table? When it’s a series of striking stats!
Over to you
- Which aspects of presentation skills have you focused on in the last year?
- What blogs or other resources for presenters can you share?
- I’d love to hear where you’re from