Here’s how to exude confidence (and feel it too) when you present. Amazingly, it comes down to the quickest and easiest type of preparation you’re ever likely to do!
The fast-moving and fascinating 18-minute video below shows you the way, based on remarkable research into the hormonal effects of body language.
Amy Cuddy of Harvard Business School says you and your audience both win – just by you spending 2 minutes in a private “power pose” before your talk.
Note: Amy Cuddy’s research has since been strongly challenged. However, when I’ve tried power poses before giving a talk, they seem to help, so perhaps there’s a placebo effect happening!
If you’d like to read the research paper related to this video, please see the link in the comment below.
Short of time to watch? Then jump into the video ½-way through to see the outcomes of the study, including what to do when you have just 5 minutes to prepare a talk!
Can’t access YouTube right now? Watch it on Vimeo instead.
Please have your say in the comment box below.
You might also like
- 5 ways to be a top presenter – meet the FiRST framework
- 6 tips for boosting your confidence
- See what Toastmasters is like, right now! [Video]
- Stop Q&A hypnosis! (A unique way to handle questions during your talk)
- How to link to a specific moment in a YouTube video
- Today’s most popular posts (and the latest comments on the site)